QDOS-sbl Group were delighted to have been selected by IHG’s USA Global Technology and Services team to provide a Voiceware by PhoneSuite Hospitality Telephone System to the Crowne Plaza White Plains-Downtown, New York Hotel.
The Crowne Plaza White Plains is a stylish, contemporary hotel located just 20 miles from mid-town Manhattan. The newly renovated hotel features 402 guest rooms, executive club accommodations, and spacious suites with exceptional amenities and 17,000 square feet of meeting and event space.
IHG’s comprehensive telephony requirements for the hotel included:
- The new Telephone System had to use the latest SIP phones for operational areas with new Analogue bedside phones in the guestrooms.
- Comprehensive yet user-friendly Operator Consoles were required to effectively handle guest calls.
- The Telephone System had to use the latest VoIP technology and provide hospitality industry features at a cost-effective price.
- The system had to integrate fully with Opera Property Management System.
- Full redundancy was required to provide a seamless cutover if required so as to prevent disruption both to guests and staff.
Built using the latest VoIP technology, QDOS-sbl delivered a Voiceware by PhoneSuite Telephone System. The platform is designed specifically for hotel use, with over 4,000 telephone systems deployed cost-effectively across North America, to meet IT Brand Standards.
- The PhoneSuite VoiceWare platform provides Integrated Call Accounting, Voicemail and Auto Attendant applications that eliminate the need for third-party products, reducing the price tag, and offering the Crowne Plaza White Plains cost-effective operating costs.
- QDOS-sbl supplied the latest Polycom VVX400 Colour Display SIP phones as Operator Consoles and Executive phones with VVX300 SIP phones deployed for administrative staff.
- VTECH contemporary Analogue phones were deployed in the guestrooms with VTECH Lobby phones installed in public areas. Staff and guests can now utilise the full set of advanced features available in Voiceware.
- Voiceware Enterprise Dell PowerEdge Servers were installed to offer fully redundant Call Control, PMS Interface, Call Accounting, Guest Voicemail & Wakeup Software if required, so as to prevent disruption both to guests and staff.
- With the Voiceware by PhoneSuite Hospitality Telephone System having been pre-built and fully tested prior to deployment the commissioning process was a straightforward, seamless one.
- Staff were fully trained as to how to make, take and distribute calls on the new Polycom SIP Handsets, and Consoles prior to installation to ensure effective call handling and customer service from day 1.
- The Voiceware by PhoneSuite platform can be run locally or hosted in the Cloud, allowing the hotel to keep system maintenance responsibility in-house, whilst utilising the experts at QDOS-sbl to monitor and update the system.
- The Voiceware by PhoneSuite platform is feature rich with the best of today’s and tomorrow’s phone system technology. Powerful, modern administrative features, advanced guest tools and interaction capabilities, and a new and more efficient approach to front desk communications is standard.
How it Works:
- Wakeup calls and voicemail prompts including scheduling of daily, weekend only, and weekday only calls. Wakeup messages can include the weather forecast, snooze, and transfer to room service options.
- Extensive guest information, automated answering, automated messaging, and voicemail, are offered as standard.
- Check-out from room phone option (requires property management system with remote check out interface enabled).
- Compatible with all hotel guest phone speed dial buttons, whether SIP or analogue.
- Powerful browser-based console offers more functionality and an intuitive and easy-to-use interface.
- Find guests or staff easily by name, then one click to call or transfer a call.
- Pop-up screen of guest information any time Front-Desk answers a guest’s call including name, native language, VIP status, group affiliation, outbound dialling permissions, wakeup calls and more.
- Setting wakeup calls is intuitive and fast with a complete activity log to see who set, answered or cancelled wakeup calls.
- Integrates with Opera Property Management Systems.
For Hotel Staff:
- Ability to run full-featured SIP phones from a variety of manufacturers, including soft phones.
- Extensive find me/follow me capabilities.
- Voicemail to email forwarding.
- Ability to handle multiple calls simultaneously.
- Unlimited call/staff groupings, ring groups, and role-based queues.
- Automatic or on-demand staff call recording.
- Unlimited number of extensions.
Simon Catterick, CEO QDOS-sbl Group said “With QDOS-sbl having now successfully deployed Voiceware by PhoneSuite Telephone Systems for IHG branded hotels in the USA and Canada, from Los Angeles to New York and Texas to Ontario we look forward to working with IHG’s USA Global Technology and Services team and successfully installing Hospitality Telephone Systems to many more hotels in the America’s in the months and years ahead”