QDOS is delighted to have been selected by IHG’s USA Global Technology and Services team to provide a PhoneSuite Hospitality Telephone System to the newly opened Holiday Inn Cleveland Clinic, Ohio.
Located on the campus of the prestigious Cleveland Clinic, a non-profit academic medical center, providing clinical and hospital care and a leader in research, education and health information, the hotel features all new guest accommodations and public areas, supporting 276 Guest Rooms over 9 Floors, providing full service accommodation.
Opening ahead of the 2016 Republican National Convention, in which delegates of the United States Republican Party will meet in July 2016 to choose the party’s nominees for President of the United States and Vice President of the United States in the 2016 national election, IHG’s comprehensiverequirements for the hotel included
- New CAT5 Cabling was to be installed as part of the contract for operational areas of the hotel.
- The new Telephone System had to use the latest SIP phones for operational areas with new wireless and bedside phones in the guestrooms.
- Comprehensive yet user-friendly Operator Consoles were required to effectively handle guest calls.
- The System had to fully integrate with the nearby InterContinental Cleveland, with simple numbering plans.
- The Telephone System had to use the latest VoIP technology and provide hospitality industry features at a cost-effective price.
- The system had to integrate fully with Opera Property Management System.
- Being a fully operational hotel, the cutover needed to be straightforward and seamless so as to prevent disruption both to guests and staff.
Built using the latest VoIP technology, QDOS delivered a PhoneSuite Voiceware Telephone System. The platform is designed specifically for hotel use, with over 4,000 telephone systems deployed cost-effectively across North America, to IT Brand Standards.
- The PhoneSuite Voiceware platform provides Integrated Call Accounting, Voicemail and Auto Attendant applications that eliminates the need for third-party products, reducing the price tag, and offering Holiday Inn Cleveland Clinic, Ohio cost-effective operating costs.
- QDOS supplied the latest Polycom SIP phones for operational users across a new CAT5 infrastructure, and Telematrix SIP phones in the guestrooms. Staff and guests can now utilize the full set of advanced features available in Voiceware.
- The PhoneSuite Voiceware can be run locally or hosted in the Cloud, allowing the hotel to keep system maintenance responsibility in-house, whilst utilizing the experts at QDOS to monitor and update the system.
- The PhoneSuite Voiceware is feature rich with the best of today’s and tomorrow’s phone system technology. Powerful, modern administrative features, advanced guest tools and interaction capabilities, and a new and more efficient approach to front desk communications is standard.
How it Works:
- Wakeup calls and voicemail prompts including scheduling of daily, weekend only, and weekday only calls. Wakeup messages can include the weather forecast, snooze, and transfer to room service options.
- Extensive guest information, automated answering, automated messaging, and voicemail, are offered as standard.
- Check out from room phone option (requires property management system with remote check out interface enabled).
- Compatible with all hotel guest phone speed dial buttons, whether SIP or analog.
- Powerful browser-based console offers more functionality and an intuitive and easy-to-use interface.
- Find guests or staff easily by name, then one click to call or transfer a call.
- Pop-up screen of guest information any time Front-Desk answers a guest’s call including name, native language, VIP status, group affiliation, outbound dialling permissions, wakeup calls and more.
- Setting wakeup calls is intuitive and fast with a complete activity log to see who set, answered or cancelled wakeup calls.
- Integrates with Opera Property Management Systems.
For Hotel Staff:
- Ability to run full-featured SIP phones from a variety of manufacturers, including soft phones.
- Extensive find me / follow me capabilities.
- Voicemail to email forwarding.
- Ability to handle multiple calls simultaneously.
- Unlimited call / staff groupings, ring groups, and role-based queues.
- Automatic or on-demand staff call recording.
- Unlimited number of extensions.
With the PhoneSuite Voiceware Telephone System having been pre-built and fully tested prior to deployment, and the CAT5 infrastructure installed prior to cutover, the commissioning process was a straightforward, seamless one. With staff trained as to how to make, take and distribute calls on the new Polycom SIP Handsets, and Consoles prior to installation guest service did not suffer any disruption.
With QDOS having now successfully deployed PhoneSuite Voiceware Telephone Systems for IHG branded hotels in the USA and Canada, from Texas to Ontario, we look forward to many more successful installations in the months and years ahead.